needs update // better description JAN12, CR
Howto install MarlinTPC on a DESY SLD4 system
For a standard installation on DESY Scientific Linux 4 please take the following steps.
You need a working version of SLD4, a root installation available (path is needed) and java. You also need a directory with sufficient space to install MarlinTPC
- download the installer:
- (the original is resting in the Zeuthen cvs)
- untar, unzip to your install directory, e.g. /scratch/ilcsoft/ilcinstall/v01-06
- download the standard installation config file:
- check the file for preview ("-p"), summary ("-s")
- ./ilcsoft-install -p ilcinstall_std_sld4.cfg
- ./ilcsoft-install -s ilcinstall_std_sld4.cfg
- start the installation (this might take quite long!) (and please log the process)
./ilcsoft-install -i ilcinstall_std_sld4.cfg >& thelogfile.txt
DONE! Now you need to check the installation.