Info for the Open Day Activities
Order from PR
- 6 tables (1.6x0.8m2), more if more exhibition parts show up
- 3 chairs
- Power for computers, TV and 3 phase for setups (200W)
- 10 Poster walls (ours, with printed posters); check for additional EU project posters
- Scattering experiment toy with steel balls
- Cloud chamber
Old posters can be found under /afs/desy.de/group/flc/pool/tpc/share/posters_and_exhibitions
Posters on the poster walls are 95,7 cm x 149 cm (visible area). A0 is 841x1189 cm2, so it doesn't fit. Using the PR Powerpoint template, one gets a PDF file with the dimensions 97,5x142.22 cm2. Workaround: Print posters un-skaled:
- - Media Size 90x132 cm - Page Scaling: None
- Auto Rotate & Center
After this cut the green title and footer areas and glue the white part over the old posters.
OR: make posters early and organize printing/mounting on the poster walls quite in advance.
Think about updating the roll-up poster walls -> has to be done quite early!
The glas holds about 2kg Jelly Beans. So buy two 100g packs of the colored ones (also to sort out the dark ones) and 2.3-2.5kg of the black ones (to have some spare to fill during the evening).
- Corner where #mylinearcollider videos and ILC promo videos are shown on TV screen
- Build a rail-gun accelerator with two sides. Shoot simultaneous, so balls hit. Think of a way to make tracks visible (thin water color?) and to simulate calorimeter (sticky putty?) and maybe beam dump which catches the balls when they did not hit. -- Start early with material tests and workshop orders.
- TPC: Fluorescent screen for UNIMOCs / maybe spark chamber like amplification?
- Cathode ray with plexiglas tube (dipole beam steering) and cylinder with Helmholtz coil as poor mens TPC showcase
Make & collect photos
- Organize people dis-mounting the stuff in the night
- If tent is there early, make sure heating and power is there too
- Setting up the presentation: 4-5 reliable people are enough, more just gives confusion and work done twice
- organize storage in gas house container
- download and convert movies for ILC etc.