SC nominal settings
CANBus to CMB to Module list
Remote control of the Slow Control
In view of the upcoming night and weekend shifts, I started a VNC server on the slow control machine (flchcalsc). If you want to connect to it from home, you need a VNC client application and an SSH tunnel.
1) Digging the SSH tunnel: In a LINUX / UNIX shell, simply execute
ssh -NL 7777:flchcalsc:5901 <username>@flcl01.desy.de
- You will be asked to identify yourself using your password.
2) Launch your VNC viewer application (e.g. Vine VNC) and connect to port "7777" on server "localhost"
3) Login with the usual caliceon password
4) Do not touch anything unless you have ensured nobody else is currently working on the system